Senior Buyer Planner
Responsible for analyzing MRP output, monthly sales, shipping, and forecast data to ensure appropriate inventory levels are purchased and planned for assigned products. Work with manufacturers to drive cost savings and maintain quality standards. Work with other Buyers and Planners to develop forecasts and buying strategies for products in assigned products. Work with planners to monitor inventory levels and make sure inventory is transferred to meet market needs. Coordinate shipments of components to manufacturers through initiating transfers and arranging transportation with Logistics team. Work with Planners to ensure ERP system is setup with correct planning data and item setup is completed. Participate in process improvement efforts. Assist with transportation strategies. Mentor other buyers and team members. Reports to Procurement Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Plan and manage production and purchases of assigned products
- Issue Purchase Orders for finished goods and components to meet demand
- Review MRP output, monthly sales, shipments, and forecast data to improve forecast models and demand planning
- Monitor inventory levels in assigned products
- Monitor and help develop supplier performance
- Help maintain ERP system, including item setup, lead-time, and bill of materials
- Review and prepare all transfer and shipment requests to and from to manufacturers
- Participate in monthly inventory reconciliation and quarterly physical inventory counts
- Analyze and prepare reports on on-time delivery, supplier performance and cost variances
- Assist other Buyers and Demand Planners with daily tasks
- Help with and assist with convention and events
- Update managers
- Attend meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4-years’ experience in supply chain activities.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience preferred
- APICS or ISM certifications a plus
- Network marketing industry experience is a plus.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of supply chain systems, concepts, processes and requirements
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion and understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information
- Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- A proactive and decisive attitude
- An aptitude to collaborate, overcome obstacles and achieve results
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, and ERP systems
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.